Training and Development Specialist
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for enabling the employees to fulfill their full potential through identifying, developing and organizing the general training of employees, establishing, facilitating and maintaining employee development activities, and overseeing organizational wide performance improvement programs. The responsibilities of the Training and Development Specialist include but not limited to:
- Conduct operational and business planning with the company's management for the purpose of determining training and employee development needs.
- Create, administer, and deliver training programs and/or material, monitor and evaluate those to ensure they are current and effective, guide employees through media-based programs, or facilitate informal or collaborative learning programs.
- Work with business leaders to define Key Performance Indicators, review the outcomes and identify trends and opportunities for performance improvement.
- Implement, advise on and monitor appraisal scheme on a regular basis.
- Consider the costs of planned programs and keep within budgets as well as assessing the return on investment of any training or development program is essential.
- Categorize training plans to align with job competencies to determine which employees could benefit from each available training.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with managers or instructors.
- Amend and revise plans in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment.
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present them.
- Hands-on 3+ years recent experience in Training and Development or Human Resources related position.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or other related fields.
- Ability to manage multiple activities with different scope, schedule, priorities, and locations.
- Ability to positively interact with personnel.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and team-playing skills.
- Strong cross-cultural and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of and experience with computers and office machines.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing, verbal communication.