Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
The Technical Writer is responsible for the author, edit, and review our product documentation. The Technical Writer is working with internal resources, mainly product managers and software developers, and attending meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences. The Technical Writer is producing a variety of top-quality learning materials such as technical documentation, screenshot markups, and training videos. A successful Technical Writer needs to be motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving tech company, and have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME, and create materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end-users based on their personality. The responsibilities of the Technical Writer include but are not limited to:
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.).
- Help build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in documentation across the company.
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Hands-on 3+ years of experience as a Technical Writer, writing complex documentation for web-based software.
- Experience working in a technical company, preferably a SaaS company.
- Attention to detail with a creative eye.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication or Computer Science or a degree with a focus on English, writing, and communications.
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives.
- Passionate about learning and developing.
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (Wiki-based).
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with API documentation for REST APIs.
- Ability to work with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
- Excellent communicator with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) both in-person and remote.
- Experience in the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release to on-going maintenance.
- General knowledge of creating materials such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.