Software Site Reliability Engineer
Communication is our business
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful and with ease!
Site Reliability is where we find the superheroes of our platform… The Site Reliability engineers are leading the monitoring and maintenance of systems, ensuring there is no downtime.
Site reliability engineers are capable problem-solvers equipped with the necessary skills to investigate, solve, and report technical problems but also to predict and take preventive actions to stop any problems from occurring.
Site Reliability Engineers collaborate with all other internal departments and are part of an engineering culture that is agile focussed, adaptable and principled in craftsmanship and quality.
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Tech Stack: Linux, Drone CI, K8S, Bitbucket and GitOps, Kubernetes, Jenkins Ansible, Docker, Java, AWS, PHP, Python.
- Monitor and maintain systems.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Test and evaluate new technologies.
- Work with all internal groups, including support, sales, engineering, product management, and consulting.
- Measure product performance and recommend design modifications to existing products.
- Investigate unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative actions.
- Perform client technical presentations.
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent experience in a Linux environment.
- Strong experience in TCP/IP networking including routing and addressing.
- Experience in complex network troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in owning availability for a complex project, preferably in the Telecommunications domain, Linux, Networking (Cisco), AWS, Databases [RDS, Redshift], Security, Monitoring, and Interfacing with Remote Teams and Clients.
- Native in either JAVA, Python or PHP and experimented with Go, C++ or any other language.
- Ability to configure VPN and engage with the client for troubleshooting.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.