Software Quality Engineer
Pakistan, Punjab, LahoreEngineering
Unifonic is a customer engagement platform that enables organizations to delight customers with remarkable omnichannel experiences. By unifying communication channels, messaging apps, and chatbots, Unifonic streamlines conversations at every touch point throughout the customer journey.
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Senior Software Quality Engineer
The Engineering Team at unifonic is looking for a Senior Software Quality Engineer to ensure high-quality product releases to maintain unifonic's position at all times. The Senior Software Quality Engineer is responsible for creating test strategies for complex projects with remote teams and devising automation frameworks. The Senior Software Quality Engineer is reporting to the Quality Assurance Lead and working closely with him on executing our test strategy.
The successful candidate should have a strong background in testing. They should also have extensive Automation testing experience. The responsibilities of the Senior Software Quality Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Support multiple scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Web and Mobile applications.
- Own the responsibility for test (case) coverage and test and defect reporting and metrics.
- Establish and increase our automated testing frameworks for UI and API test automation.
- Advocate for QA best practices across the development and engineering teams, and establish light-weight checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues.
- Organize and lead special initiatives as a member of the engineering team, to improve the process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects.
- Hands-on 7+ years of relevant development or testing experience.
- Understand cloud delivery using tools such as Git, Drone CI, Argo CD, Kubernetes.
- Significant Test Automation skills using leading Web & Mobile tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI, or others.
- Experience with RobotFramework.
- Experience working with remote teams.
Nice To Have
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language, preferably JAVA.
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams.
- Good knowledge of scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Java is helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and influencing skills.