Software Quality Engineer
Communication is our business!
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Tech Stack: Testlink, Jira, Postman, Linux, Drone CI, K8S, Bitbucket and GitOps, Kubernetes, Jenkins Ansible, Docker, Java, AWS, PHP, Python.
The Quality Engineer holds a crucial position in testing the quality and performance of our products and product integrations to ensure high-quality product releases to maintain Unifonic's position and a Partner in Excellence at all times.
The Quality Engineering team is responsible for creating test strategies for complex projects with remote teams, and devising automation frameworks.
This role will be engaged in the following activities but the scope of work is not limited to these:
- Support multiple scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Web and Mobile applications.
- Own the responsibility for test (case) coverage and test and defect reporting and metrics.
- Establish and increase our automated testing frameworks for UI and API test automation.
- Advocate for QA best practices across the development and engineering teams, and establish light-weight checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues.
- Organize and lead special initiatives as a member of the engineering team, to improve the process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects.
- Hands-on 3+ years of relevant development or testing experience.
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams and with remote teams.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Understanding of Cloud/SaaS delivery using tools such as: Git, TeamCity, Octopus, AWS.
- Proficiency with an object-oriented programming language, preferably JAVA.
- Significant Test Automation skills using leading Web & Mobile tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SOAPUI, or others.
- Scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as: Python, Ruby, PowerShell is helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and influencing skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.