Software Engineer (Odoo/HubSpot)
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
The Software Engineer is assisting the Digital Enablement team to enable the delivery of business systems such as Dynamics 365, Odoo, Hubspot, and other cloud-based productivity tools with a focus on collaborative tools including Google Apps and Atlassian Products. The Software Engineer is supporting our Digital Enablement Lead to successfully deliver our Digital Enablement Programme, and working to build relationships with internal stakeholders, and constantly seek to make getting things done easier through technology. The Software Engineer is building an in-depth understanding of our business requirements and technical needs allowing them to recommend, design, implement and support solutions that best fit business needs by utilizing cutting-edge technology. The responsibilities of the Software Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Propose, document, and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of our business systems.
- Work closely with the IT team to ensure ultimate client satisfaction and that we are getting the best value out of our application landscape.
- Advice on potential pitfalls that an end-user may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may deliver a better outcome.
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the end-users and colleagues aware of every step along the way via clear communication.
- Take escalations and work as an extension of our IT team when called upon, making technical recommendations about solutions where necessary.
- Understand and work within an Agile framework to organize, update stakeholders, project managers, and deliver on projects within agreed deadlines.
- Automate processes where possible.
- Document and update new/updated processes, procedures, and new technologies.
- Proactively investigate, test, and deploy new technologies within an ever-changing environment.
- Hands-on 3+ years of experience working with Internal Business Systems.
- The leadership of the systems engineering lifecycle, from concept to testing and delivery
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365, Odoo, Hubspot, SmartHR, or equivalent systems. Willing to go through systems certifications.
- Understanding of Google apps, cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Knowledge of Middleware solutions.
- Coding knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Carrying out system reviews to ensure accordance with architectural principles set out by and agreed upon within the team.
- Experience organizing working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Proficiency in identifying trends and running through Problem Management methodology to see through effective Continual Service Improvement opportunities.
- Experience in writing both technical and user-friendly documentation to educate the team/s within the organization.
- A drive to exceed expectations with an above and beyond attitude.