Software Development Manager
The Software Development Manager is responsible for defining, leading and delivering company’s products on time and budget, overseeing project/product whole life-cycle, communicating closely with key stakeholders, supporting company’s product portfolio and continuously improving the product, project, and vendor management process and methodology. The Software Development Manager is playing a large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. The responsibilities of the Software Development Manager include but not limited to:
- Define and own technical product requirements, specifications, and road-maps based on user and business needs by working closely with product, marketing, operations, and sales teams.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, and Executive Managers to prioritize, schedule and deliver work, evaluating the progress of work in progress to identify when adjustments need to be made to resourcing.
- Own, operate and maintain stakeholders' services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Build and manage client’s technical solutions and make sure that the proposed designs meet client requirements.
- Drive engineering process improvements to improve the efficiency and impact of the resources.
- Partner with product, marketing, sales, operations and external stakeholders to streamline operations relevant to company’s products and solutions, and maximize the efficiency of team's efforts.
- Participate in industry working groups and conferences to understand industry needs.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technologies, industries and market trends to improve the client experiences, assist in project and product development and operational support activities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that products are launched and run successfully. Track performance of releases through metrics. Work closely with delivery, product, marketing, and operations teams to help on-board clients with new features and provide technical training. Be the point-person across the company for product’s technical road-map, new features, platform integrations, and launch specifics.
- Institute development best practices to ensure the stakeholders produces high quality, well architected and supportable code, lead reviews of architecture design and code and enable a Continuous Integration environment.
- Serve as the technical owner of the company products, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Foster an engineering culture focused on customer satisfaction using a data-driven approach.
- Hands-on 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience in shipping large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience as a PHP or JAVA Developer and 5+ years in database management (MySQL, Casandra... etc).
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Track record in partnering, recruiting, building and leading on-shore and off-shore engineering teams and technology vendors.
- Strong integration and configuration skills are required, e.g. network devices and servers (e.g. Cisco Router, Windows and Linux, AWS), integration maps (e.g. EDI maps, XSLT maps, etc.), web services, setting up transport protocols (e.g. AS2, SFTP, FTPS, etc.), scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Python, etc.).
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Ability to create product demonstrations based on client needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined, and requirements and priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on daily basis.
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.