Site Reliability Engineer
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for resolving customers’ technical problems via email and phone. The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for the ownership of the availability of the Cloud environment of the company. The responsibilities of the Site Reliability Engineer include but not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain systems.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Test and evaluate new technologies.
- Work with all internal groups, including support, sales, engineering, product management, and consulting.
- Measure product performance and recommend design modifications to existing products.
- Investigate unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative actions.
- Perform client technical presentations.
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent experience in a Linux environment.
- Strong experience in TCP/IP networking including routing and addressing.
- Experience in complex network troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in owning availability for a complex project, preferably in the Telecommunications domain, Linux, Networking (Cisco), AWS, Databases [RDS, Redshift], Security, Monitoring, and Interfacing with Remote Teams and Clients.
- Native in either JAVA, Python or PHP and experimented with Go, C++ or any other language.
- Ability to configure VPN and engage with the client for troubleshooting.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.