Senior Technical Writer
Amman, Al ‘A̅şimah, JordanProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) space that is revolutionising the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
Are you a product visionary with a passion for innovation? Look no further! Our dynamic product team is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our ranks and help shape the future of our cutting-edge CPaaS solutions. Our team spearheads the development of new products, features, and capabilities in the space of SMS, Conversations, Voice, Data and much more. If you're a creative problem-solver with a knack for identifying customer needs, this is the perfect opportunity for you to make a real impact and drive the growth of Unifonic.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be producing a variety of top-quality learning materials such as technical documentation, screenshot markups, and training videos.
Help us shape the future of communications by:
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions).
- Help build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online videos, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Take into consideration customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in documentation across the company.
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
What you will bring:
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer, writing complex documentation for web-based software.
- Experience working in a technical company, preferably a SaaS company.
- Attention to detail with a creative eye.
- Ability to efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on published content from both customers and internal support representatives.
- Passionate about learning and developing.
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (Wiki-based).
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with API documentation for REST APIs.
- Ability to work with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
- Excellent communicator with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) both in-person and remotely.
- Experience in the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release to ongoing maintenance.
- General knowledge of creating materials such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication or Computer Science or a degree with a focus on English, writing, and communications.
As a Unifone you will receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after your first anniversary.
Your Birthday off!
Flexible working arrangements.
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
Linkedin learning licence.
Sign up for the latest Unifonic news, stories, webinars and more.