Senior Technical Operations Engineer
Amman, Al ‘A̅şimah, JordanMarketing Operations
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the SaaS space that is revolutionizing the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
At Unifonic, our Technical Operations team is dedicated to ensuring our clients have the best experience possible. Our dynamic and energetic team is the main point of contact for our customers and plays a critical role in fostering long-lasting relationships. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs and help them fully utilize our services to achieve their business goals. With a passion for customer service and a can-do attitude, you'll thrive in this fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Senior Technical Operations Engineer
The Client Operations team at Unifonic is looking for a Senior Technical Operations Engineer to liaise collaboratively with the customer's IT team to establish, maintain, and enhance a modern, cost-effective, flexible, and secure Omni channel communication infrastructure, leveraging the customers' IT systems and Unifonic CPaaS platform.
The Technical Support Engineer's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the end-to-end technical operations of our SMS product, including monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the infrastructure that powers our SMS services.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, deploy, and optimize our SMS platform on cloud infrastructure, leveraging the latest technologies and best practices.
- Utilizing your expertise in SMS gateway platforms, particularly Unifonic, to configure and maintain the gateway connections and ensure efficient message delivery.
- Implementing and maintaining robust monitoring, alerting, and incident management systems to proactively identify and resolve any performance or availability issues.
- Developing and automating operational processes, utilizing infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools to improve efficiency and reduce manual effort.
- Implementing security measures and adhering to compliance standards to protect customer data and maintain the integrity of our SMS infrastructure.
- Staying updated with industry trends and emerging technologies, continuously evaluating and implementing improvements to enhance our SMS product.
- Acting as the primary escalation point of contact for designated customers, internal stakeholders, and operators.
- Performing customer visits discussing pain points, collecting feedback, enhancing customer experience, and working closely to resolve any pending issues.
- Ensuring communication is kept clear and professional between different stakeholders.
- Enhancing end-to-end diagnostics and resolution prior to engaging with all concerned parties.
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience, preferably in CPaaS Support.
- Significant experience in technical operations, with a strong focus on managing SMS platforms and infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of SMS gateway platforms, particularly Unifonic, and hands-on experience configuring and integrating them into cloud-based environments.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure, preferably with experience in STC-cloud, Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, and general knowledge in deploying and managing services at scale.
- Solid grasp of monitoring and alerting tools, with the ability to proactively identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and ensure high message throughput.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell to automate system configurations, deployments, and monitoring processes.
- Familiarity with security best practices and compliance standards in the SMS industry, ensuring the protection of customer data and infrastructure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a detail-oriented mindset, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Good understanding of TCP/UDP and the basics of SSL/TLS.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.