Senior Software Quality Engineer
Cairo, Al Qāhirah, EgyptProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the SaaS space that is revolutionizing the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will be creating test strategies for complex projects with remote teams and devising automation frameworks.
Help us shape the future of communications by:
- Supporting multiple scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Web and Mobile applications.
- Owning the responsibility for test (case) coverage and test and defect reporting and metrics.
- Establishing and increasing our automated testing frameworks for UI and API test automation.
- Advocating for QA best practices across the development and engineering teams, and establishing lightweight checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues.
- Organizing and leading special initiatives as a member of the engineering team, to improve the process, investigate and qualify tools, and develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects.
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on 7+ years of relevant development or testing experience.
- Understand cloud delivery using tools such as Git, Drone CI, Argo CD, and Kubernetes.
- Significant Test Automation skills using leading Web & Mobile tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SoapUI, or others.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language, preferably JAVA.
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams.
- Good knowledge of scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Java is helpful.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
As a Unifone you will receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after your first anniversary.
Flexible working arrangements.
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
Linkedin learning license.