Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for driving the processes and decisions to release high-quality releases and products, creating test strategy for complex projects with remote teams, and devising automation frameworks. The responsibilities of the Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer include but not limited to:
- Support multiple scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Web and Mobile applications.
- Own the responsibility for test (case) coverage and test and defect reporting and metrics.
- Establish and increase our automated testing frameworks for UI and API test automation.
- Advocate for QA best practices across the development and engineering teams, and establish light-weight checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues.
- Organize and lead special initiatives as a member of the engineering team, to improve the process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects.
- Hands-on 5+ years of relevant development or testing experience.
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams and with remote teams.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Understanding of Cloud/SaaS delivery using tools such as: Git, TeamCity, Octopus, AWS.
- Proficiency with an object-oriented programming language, preferably JAVA.
- Significant Test Automation skills using leading Web & Mobile tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, SOAPUI, or others.
- Scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as: Python, Ruby, PowerShell is helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and influencing skills.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.