Senior Software Engineer - PHP
Belgrade, Beograd, SerbiaProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the SaaS space that is revolutionizing the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As a Senior Software Engineer (PHP), you will be gaining command of the internal workings of Unifonic's existing products and technology, implementing enhancements, supporting bug fixes, performing data analysis, reporting key metrics for Unifonic's platform, and working on the next-generation evolution of the products while using the latest tools and technology within agile scrum teams.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
- Building and maintaining solutions that scale. Serving millions of users every day.
- Contributing to building and maintaining policies, procedures, and technical assets in Unifonic’s cloud infrastructure.
- Supporting various teams with their technical vision, in the core areas of interest for Unifonic's products.
- Supporting multi-cloud-based communication products, as an augmentation to the internal technology team and working with partners’ software development teams.
- Working on cloud-based development and deployment, including the following: AWS (EC2, SQS, S3, RDS, Aurora).
- Working closely with our service delivery teams to support product deployments to the cloud.
- Understanding and using Unifonic's technical architectures, tools, and techniques to build powerful, efficient, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Ability to perform basic database administration, performance optimization, index optimization, write advanced select queries, and replace cursor usage with relational SQL.
- Collaborating with product owners, scrum masters, and engineers to deliver quality products, using tools such as JIRA and Git.
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on 7+ years of experience in developing complex projects, preferably in the communications domain, in one or more of the following: Java (Spring Framework), Python (Flask & Django Frameworks), or PHP (Symfony)
- Hands-on experience in Web Development (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Practical experience in queuing systems/message brokers like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Beanstalk, SQS, etc.
- Practical experience with cache technologies such as Memcached, Redis.
- Solid experience in managing Linux servers and applications (Nginx, apache2, etc.).
- Proficiency in a Linux environment and in consuming and designing RESTful APIs.
- Solid experience with full Software Development Lifecycle, Distributed Architectures (REST, SOAP, Queue-based), and Microservices Architecture.
- Familiarity with software project management tools similar to Agile, Maven, and Git.
- Experienced with using cloud hosting technologies such as AWS.
- Familiar with SaaS and PaaS integration architecture and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
As a Unifone you’ll receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
Your Birthday off!
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
Linkedin learning license.