Senior IT Ops Engineer
Egypt, Al Qāhirah, CairoEngineering
Unifonic is a Customer Engagement Platform that enables organizations to delight customers with remarkable omnichannel experiences. By unifying communication channels, messaging apps, and chatbots, Unifonic streamlines conversations at every touchpoint throughout the customer journey.
Senior IT Operations Engineer
The Engineering team at Unifonic is looking for an organized and process-oriented Senior IT Ops Engineer to define and manage our IT business infrastructure. In this role, you will bring innovation and drive efficiency to the IT department that is accountable for critical business-facing services. You will be responsible for delivering new and enhancing existing services by looking to automate processes while focusing on continuous service improvement across the organization. You will provide timely resolution to escalated incidents, service requests, and problems. You will also have good knowledge of information security and understand how regulations impact the IT operations of an organization. You will assist in planning and developing day-to-day operations, including but not limited to support, installation, repair, and upgrade services of Information Technology systems and devices across the different locations where Unifonic has a presence. The successful candidate should proactively identify problems before they arise and always have a sense of ownership while working as part of a team that works towards a common goal. The responsibilities of the Senior IT Ops Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Manage user access to systems or applications.
- Define better onboarding and offboarding processes for IT Operations.
- Assist in assessing current IT Operations policies and work towards creating new ones if need be.
- Maintain structured cabling systems, telecom systems, WAN, LAN, Cellular/DAS, Wireless Networks and Local Internet, Remote Access, VPNs, Conference Tools, Google Apps, etc.
- Implement predetermined telecom/network software or hardware changes.
- Establish WAN, LAN, device profiles, device environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Provide support for connectivity or related network/communication issues for the user community.
- Monitor installed network and telecom equipment.
- Support complex IP Telephony-based contact center environments.
- Issue and maintain IP addresses and purchase requests for buying the necessary systems or assets.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management, and hotfixes.
- Maintain, monitor, and support the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Guarantee the security and compliance of IT assets in the organization according to local and global regulations.
- Hands-on 10+ years of technical experience in system administration or IT technical support.
- Experience with Google Workspace - Admin perspective, Cloudflare or similar tool (Firewall and VPN), Okta or similar Identity Access Management tool, Unified Endpoint Management solutions
- Experience managing IT Helpdesk.
- Experience managing the onboarding and offboarding of employees from an IT perspective
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Experience working in growing organizations and defining new processes to improve operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software, or other IT-related fields.
- Good knowledge of various infrastructure solutions and Linux.
- Expert in different areas, such as domain controller (DNS, Active Directory), Identity Access Management tools, VPNs, Unified Endpoint Management, and firewalls.
- Experience in computer networks, windows server administration, and Google Apps.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in IP Telephony and Contact Centers Software & Hardware setups.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Analytical thinking and being accountable for the results of made decisions.
- General knowledge in telecommunications (SMSC, VOIP, SMPP, etc).
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.