Senior DevOps Specialist
Communication is our business
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful and with ease!
Our DevOps team plays an integral part in collaboration with software development, system operations and other engineering teams to manage code releases and make it possible for thousands of companies to communicate on cloud!
With passion, creativity and curiosity our DevOps work to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing, and operations teams, and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
The DevOps is part of an engineering culture that is agile focussed, adaptable and principled in craftsmanship and quality.
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Tech Stack: Drone CI, K8S, Bitbucket and GitOps, Kubernetes, Jenkins Ansible, Docker, Java, AWS, PHP, Python.
- Setup and enhance of CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment).
- Configure the company's products to meet the functional requirements including the configuration of functional areas and technical areas (e.g. integration interfaces, integration maps, web services, transport protocols, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the integration, operations of the infrastructure and systems.
- Ensure high availability of the company’s products, platforms [24x7x365] including but not limited to messaging, voice and email gateways, in addition to assessing emergencies, providing analysis, and recommending solutions.
- Write and deploy scripts in different environments to automate day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining servers’ configuration, monitoring jobs and infrastructure documentation across the cloud environment ( Amazon AWS, Azure .. etc.).
- Work extensively with the offshore teams and network of partners on a daily basis.
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent technical experience in Professional Services/Enterprise DevOps role.
- Strong technical skills are required. Proficiency in multiple functional areas is required such as VPN, SMPP, VOIP, SQL, Java, PHP, Python, Integration technologies, web services, middleware, etc.
- Strong integration and configuration skills are required, e.g. network devices and servers (e.g. Cisco Router, Windows and Linux, AWS), integration maps (e.g. EDI maps, XSLT maps, etc.), web services, setting up transport protocols (e.g. AS2, SFTP, FTPS, etc.), scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Python, etc.), source control and continuous integration tools ( e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or other IT related field.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.