Senior Data Engineer
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful, and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer is working closely with architecture team in building the future enterprise data lake for unifonic. The Senior Data Engineer is building end-to-end data-related capabilities from data ingestion to reporting and advanced data analytics. The Senior Data Engineer is investing in our "Data Foundation" space to become a data-driven organization and to provide businesses with needed insights about our customers, performance, and future predictions. The responsibilities of the Senior Data Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Help in establishing the data foundation team practices and principles and to build the needed capabilities for the organization to become more data-driven.
- Maintain database by determining structural requirements; developing and installing solutions.
- Build databases based on structural requirements and in-depth analysis.
- Test and maintain those databases to ensure their longevity and overall efficiency.
- Hands-on 8+ years of experience in data engineering and big data.
- Advanced knowledge in database engines, data lakes, data practices, and policies.
- Proven work experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, or similar role.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles, integration, ETL, ELT, Data processing, and data management.
- Expertise in different technologies and providers for the various kinds of data structure.SQL and Oracle·
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Ability to create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field.
- Strong mathematics and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully.
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management.
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information.
- Confident in decision-making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software.
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies.
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.