Senior Data Engineer
Cairo, Al Qāhirah, EgyptProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) space that is revolutionising the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 400+ energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the Team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will invest in our "Data Foundation" space to become a data-driven organization and to provide our business with needed insights about our customers, performance, and future predictions. In this role, you will be responsible for building the future enterprise Data Lake for Unifonic, end-to-end data-related capabilities from data ingestion to reporting.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
Helping to establish industry best practices for the data engineering team, by building the needed capabilities for the organization to become more data-driven.
Evolving our data architecture by determining structural requirements; developing and installing solutions.
Building upon existing data lake & data warehouses based on structural requirements and in-depth analysis.
Testing and maintain those databases to ensure their longevity and overall efficiency.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Hands-on 8+ years of experience in Data Engineering and Big Data.
- Proven work experience with ETL Development or similar areas.
- Expertise in using containers and Kubernetes
- Expertise in designing, deploying and maintaining real-time stream processing pipelines
- Expertise in using managed services provided by famous cloud providers like AWS, GCP, Azure. Ex: Managed DB, Object Storage, Mmanaged K8s.
- Advanced knowledge in Database Engines, Data Lakes, Data Practices, and policies.
- In-depth understanding of database principles, data modeling, integration, ETL, ELT, data processing, and data management.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse & Data Lake technologies. Such as Vertica, Greenplum, Cloudera framework/ecosystems, Apache Kafka, ApacheNiFi, Apache Spark, Impala, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with programming languages, such as Python, Java, and Scala.
- Proficient in writing SQL and in optimization of query performance.
- Experienced in assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Experienced in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources and technologies.
- Experience working with private and sensitive information.
- Experience developing pipelines for ML is preferable
- Superb communication skills.
- Analytical skills and strong organizational abilities.
As a Unifone you’ll receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
LinkedIn Learning License
Sign up for the latest Unifonic news, stories, webinars and more.