The Security Specialist is responsible for keeping the computer information systems security, determining who requires access to which information, and then planning, coordinating and implementing information security programs, using a multi-layered approach. The Security Specialist is using specialized expertise and up-to-date knowledge to help protect against web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information warfare, and hacking. The responsibilities of the Security Specialist include but not limited to:
- Strong understanding of securing cloud environments by applying best practices.
- Represent Information Security in disaster recovery procedures and exercises.
- Improve and enhance existing monitoring and alerting services.
- Test and report on new technologies and reporting security concerns through the creation of security vulnerability assessments.
- Design, implement and integrate security solutions to address enterprise risks and exposures.
- Provide data protection (through the use of technologies such as whole disk encryption, end-to-end email security, public and private key management, data leakage prevention, web applications and source code security, database security... etc).
- Hands-on 3+ years of recent experience in a Security role within a technology company.
- Experience with some mix of security-related topics such as authentication, entitlements, identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, validation checking, encryption, hashing, the principle of least privilege, software attack methodologies, secure data transfer, secure data storage... etc.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of network security policies, routers, and protective security measures.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other IT related field.
- Security+, CISSP, CCNA certifications are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to logically approach and solve problems.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.