Product Research Analyst
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
Product Principle: We build products that take the complexity out of business communication.
Product Research Analyst
The Product Research Analyst is the eyes and ears of the products team and is supporting the product's decision-making and product strategy tuning. The Product Research Analyst is performing different sets of research activities for different products in the unifonic portfolio covering but not limited to product research, competition research, customer analysis, trend analysis, technology, and data research. The Product Research Analyst is analyzing autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies, and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness and provide market product insights. The Product Research Analyst is responsible for collecting and interpreting the data and organizing this information into statistical tables, reports, and presentations. The responsibilities of the Product Research Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Conduct product features research activities that would cover getting more insights about features details from similar available products or hunting available dataset, or even researching available open-source options or providers.
- Products Competition Analysis, covering both competition websites and online data as well as performing mastery calls for competition & potential product providers.
- Market sizing analysis and product-market fit requirements for new market entry.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors, and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations.
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences.
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it.
- Perform a valid and reliable product research SWOT analysis.
- Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations.
- Use online market research and catalog findings to databases.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation.
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties' researches, and implement best practices.
- Hands-on 3+ years of recent experience as a research analyst, strategy, and competitive analyst in a technology products company.
- Proven ability to build and maintain analytical models.
- Worked before in a software company or SaaS product environment.
- Analyze consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits, in addition, to analyze data to draw both qualitative and quantitative conclusions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or familiar with using APIs.
- Design research methodology, develop and implement sampling plans and provide industry benchmarks.
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data (Surveys, Questionnaires, Opinion Polls).
- Gather consumer, competitor, and market condition data and forecast future product and buying trends.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Help determine potential markets, product demand, and pricing.
- Sound understanding of statistical concepts, research methods, and design.
- Understand data from dimensional models.
- Familiar with social media, online, and mobile research techniques.