Product Research Analyst
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
Product Principle: We build products that take the complexity out of business communication.
Our Approach: We are a team of missionaries that are passionate about learning, accountable to product success, have a deep understanding of our business context, and tangible empathy for our customers.
Product Research Analyst
The Product Research Analyst is the eyes and ears for the product team and is supporting the product's decision-making and strategy tunning. The Product Research Analyst is performing different sets of research projects for different products in the unifonic portfolio covering but not limited to product research, competition research, customer analysis, trend analysis, technology, and data research. The Product Research Analyst is analyzing autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies, and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness and provide market product insights. The Product Research Analyst is responsible for collecting and interpreting the data and organizing this information into statistical tables and reports. The responsibilities of the Product Research Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Competition Products Analysis and mastery calls for competition & potential product providers.
- Market sizing analysis and new market entry research.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors, and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations.
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences.
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it.
- Perform a valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis.
- Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations.
- Use online market research and catalog findings to databases.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation.
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct.
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties' researches, and implement best practices.
- Hands-on 3+ years of recent experience as a research analyst, strategy and competitive analyst in technology products company or market research company.
- Proven ability to build and maintain analytical models.
- Analyze consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits, in addition to analyze data to draw both qualitative and quantitative conclusions.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Statistical Software Platforms (SPSS, WinCross, SAS, Market Sight).
- Working knowledge of Tableau and other BI tools
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or other IT related fields.
- Design research methodology, develop and implement sampling plans and provide industry benchmarks.
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data (Surveys, Questionnaires, Opinion Polls).
- Gather consumer, competitor, and market condition data and forecast future product and buying trends.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Help determine potential markets, product demand, and pricing.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
- Sound understanding of statistical concepts, research methods, and design.
- Translate insights into actions to support company initiatives.
- Understand data from dimensional models.
- Basic SQL experience.
- Familiar with social media, online, and mobile research techniques.