Product Manager - Voice
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
Product Principle: We build products that take the complexity out of business communication.
Our Approach: We are a team of missionaries that are passionate about learning, accountable to product success, have a deep understanding of our business context, and tangible empathy for our customers.
Product Manager - Voice
The Product Manager is responsible for each and every aspect of the product. Depending on the product phase, the Product Manager could wear a different hat to make sure his product is guarded to achieve success.
Starting with the product concept, passing through API and interface design, moving to support pricing and go-to-market planning, and ending acquisition and revenue ownership. The Product Manager is touching every team at unifonic and has full autonomy and responsibility to grow the products. The Product Manager is leading the product requirements to wither it’s a business requirement to match business market expectations or technical requirements to ensure real-time, highly scalable SaaS offering. The Product Manager is a guru in voice services with in-depth hands-on experience to lead its voice product line covering both the programable and solutions offering of the products. The Product Manager is understanding the needs of our customers in the voice market and build a world-class grade product to help our customers scale and drive engagement, and building and taking complete ownership of the product vision, strategy, and roadmap. The responsibilities of the Product Manager include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage the product growth strategy and roadmap of features and use cases, working with Sales, Marketing, and key stakeholders to plan and prioritize deliverables and release plans.
- Prepare Integration requirements that address the objectives of the product, company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
- Understand the needs of our customers in the voice market and build a world-class grade product to help our customers scale and drive engagement.
- Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, implementation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling.
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work including the creation of stories for new features requirements.
- Clearly communicate updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management.
- Maintain high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously.
- Work with on-site, remote engineering teams, or outsource companies to deliver technical requirements.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the company’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to produce product overviews, demos, and other go-to-market materials.
- Work with user learning (Help files and documentation), training, support, and professional services to assure smooth uptake and adoption.
- Lead and develop cross-functional teams, monitor performance and results, ensure all required activities are implemented with best practices.
- Hands-on 7+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Owner, Consultant, or Technical Product Analyst in a SaaS software product company.
- Knowledge of SIP and technical voice specifications.
- Experience managing products through the entire lifecycle with a track record of successfully delivering multiple software/SaaS products.
- Strong technical and software engineering skills.
- Proficiency in multiple technical areas such as front-end technologies, cloud communication technologies, APIs, web services, middleware, etc.
- Ability to create product demonstrations based on client needs.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Travel is required, including the possibility of overseas travel - the candidate will need to visit the company’s customers and/or partners.
- Proficient with project management and tracking tools (TFS, Jira, popcorn metrics, mixpanel, GA, GTM...etc), analytics software and tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Software, or other IT related field.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined and requirements priorities change frequently.
- Experienced in agile development processes and acting as the Product Owner for sprint teams.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Fluent in Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.