Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
The Procurement Director is leading our procurement team and spearheading the strategic purchasing process from assessing requirements and selecting suppliers to ensure we get the best value and quality for the money. The Procurement Director is responsible for ensuring that the sourcing, selection and vendor management processes follows best practice. The Procurement Director is implementing cost-effective purchases of all tools and services, as required by the company, ensuring quality control, and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on purchasing management. The Procurement Director is responsible for strategizing, setting up competitive bidding, and negotiating with suppliers in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and reduce operational and capital expenses. The responsibilities of the Procurement Director include but are not limited to:
- Build a strong procurement team.
- Develop procurement strategies that are agile, inventive, and cost-effective.
- Source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Set up of best practice competitive bidding tender processes
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
- Review and re-negotiate existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility.
- Establish professional vendor management and relationships.
- Approve purchase orders and organize and confirm delivery of goods and services.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Achieve agreed cost savings and efficiencies and contribute to a healthy cost efficiency culture in the company.
- Prepare procurement reports.
- Enhance existing P2P process to ensure its efficient and robust.
- Hands-on 10-15 years of experience in leading procurement roles within the Technology, E-Commerce, Telecommunications field, or Telecom project management.
- 5+ years managing procurement teams and establishing best in class procurement practices.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Hands-on experience in preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, economics, or business administration.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills. Fluency in Arabic is an advantage but not a requirement.