Senior Frontend Engineer
Cairo, Al Qāhirah, EgyptProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the SaaS space that is revolutionizing how businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing enhancements, defining the architecture, supporting bug fixes, performing data analysis, and reporting key metrics for the company's platform with a focus on frontend. In this role, you will be working on the next-generation evolution of the product on the frontend (React) side to deliver a great user experience.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
- Driving frontend architecture work, ensuring that as we scale our platform can scale with us.
- Contributing to building and maintaining the policies, procedures, and technical assets in the company's front-end architecture.
- Supporting various teams with the technical vision in the core areas of interest for the company's products.
- Creating engineering best practices and frameworks for web applications and tooling.
- Enabling teams to deliver a fantastic user experience, in close collaboration with product owners and product marketing.
- Writing clean, well-structured, and maintainable code that can be tested easily.
- Understanding and using the company's technical architectures, tools, and techniques to build powerful, efficient, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Working closely with service delivery teams to support product deployments to the cloud.
- Collaborating with product owners, scrum masters, and other developers to deliver a quality product using tools such as JIRA and Git.
What you will bring:
- Hands-on 8+ years of professional software engineering experience working on building SaaS applications in frontend capacity using ReactJS.
- Solid experience in writing and using unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code, and in writing and maintaining unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- High level of expertise with TypeScript.
- Experience with microservices and/or micro-frontends (SystemsJS, Webpack Module Federation, etc.)
- Strong experience with A/B testing.
- Extensive experience with UI libraries, design systems, storybooks, and optimizing web performance (time-to-first byte, time-to-first paint, perceived performance).
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or any other related field.
- Familiarity with state management tools (like Redux, MobX, etc.) and have shipped products using them.
- Ability to work in a continuous delivery ecosystem.
- Ability to apply business logic to development requirements in a creative manner.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a Unifone, you will receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
Your Birthday off!
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
LinkedIn learning license.