Riyadh, Riyadh Province, Saudi ArabiaFinance, Legal & Compliance
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) space that is revolutionising the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
At Unifonic, our Legal & Compliance team is responsible for all business functions and is an expert at communicating legal issues to non-lawyers, balancing business and legal perspectives. We focus on assisting in driving forward the Company’s goals and initiatives, and liaising with governmental/regulatory agencies, and external counsel. Our goal is to drive business growth by tackling the laws and regulations of new markets.
As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for evaluating different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations. and manage engagements with external counsel in compliance with group legal.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
- Reviewing third-party contracts and draft agreements to support the business function, solidify the Company’s full legal rights, and improve the Company’s strategic plan.
- Applying effective risk management techniques and offering proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc), creating good relationships.
- Providing strategic legal advice in an accurate and timely manner on a variety of legal topics regarding the laws and regulations in jurisdictions in which the company operates, including the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and UAE, particularly those related to Telecommunications, Data Protection, Cloud Computing, and Labor Laws.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken, including data protection and intellectual property rights.
- Maintaining an understanding of changes to laws/regulations in the jurisdictions that impact the company, and implementing, establishing, and maintaining processes/documents/SOPs accordingly.
- Developing new ideas and methods to effectively address recurring legal issues or matters facing multiple client organizations.
- Identifying and resolving complex legal issues requires in-depth consideration of multiple factors.
- Ensuring deliverables are achieved according to the Company’s plans, as communicated by the Director of Legal & Compliance including support on the planning and execution of projects related to those deliverables.
- Providing clarification on legal language or specifications to others in the organization.
- Managing ad hoc projects and/or tasks as assigned by the Director of Legal & Compliance, including taking ownership of certain deliverables and requirements of those projects and/or tasks.
- Supporting the corporate governance program by assisting the Director of Legal & Compliance in group-wide management engagement as required.
- Leading the efficient risk-managed resolution of third-party disputes under the direction of the Director of Legal & Compliance.
What you will bring:
- Hands-on 4+ years of Legal experience (post qualification as a lawyer), with at least 3 years performed in private practice with a top-tier law firm in the middle east.
- Private practice experience in TMT or Corporate Commercial is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or other related fields.
- Strong experience in both reviewing and drafting legal documents in both Arabic and English.
- Expert in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating technology and/or telecommunications.
- Sufficient knowledge of Contracts, in addition to commercial contracts.
- Experience with complex commercial transactions.
- Western legal qualification is a strong plus.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
As a Unifone, you will receive a range of benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- We pay all the GOSI costs on your behalf.
- Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
- 30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
- Your Birthday off!
- Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
- Paid leave for new parents.
- Linkedin learning license.
Sign up for the latest Unifonic news, stories, webinars and more.