Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful, and with ease.
Our Approach: We are a team of missionaries that are passionate about learning, accountable to product success, have a deep understanding of our business context, and tangible empathy for our customers.
The Legal Counsel is helping unifonic build and solidify its legal department, as well as, maintaining, and strengthening it's compliance with laws and regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Legal Counsel is successfully collaborating across the Company's various departments, assisting in driving forward the Company's goals and initiatives, and liaising with governmental and regulatory agencies inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The responsibilities of the Legal Counsel include but are not limited to:
- Review of third-party contracts.
- Draft agreements to support the business function, solidify the Company’s full legal rights and improve the Company’s strategic plan.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc...), creating relations of trust.
- Give accurate and timely legal advice on a variety of legal topics regarding the laws and regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, particularly those related to Telecommunications, CITC, Cloud Computing, and Labor Laws.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken, including data protection and intellectual property rights.
- Maintain an understanding of changes to compliance-related laws/regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and implement, establish and maintain processes/documents/SOPs accordingly.
- Develop new ideas and methods to effectively address recurring legal issues or matters facing multiple client organizations.
- Identify and resolve complex legal issues requiring in-depth consideration of multiple factors.
- Ensure deliverables are achieved according to the Company's plans, as communicated by the Director of Legal & Compliance including support on the planning and execution of projects related to those deliverables.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to others in the organization.
- Manage ad hoc projects and/or tasks as assigned by the Director of Legal & Compliance, including taking ownership of certain deliverables and requirements of those projects and/or tasks.
- Hands-on 4-6 years of Legal experience, most of which must have been in KSA (post qualification as a lawyer).
- Strong experience in drafting legal documents in both Arabic and English.
- Expert in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating technology and/or telecommunications contracts, in addition to commercial contracts.
- Experience with complex commercial transactions.
- Telecommunications or technology experience while practicing law.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or other related fields.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.