Legal and Corporate Affairs Specialist
The Legal and Corporate Affairs Specialist is responsible for providing the management with the practical legal advice on business issues and company strategies, selecting and overseeing the work of outside counsels, drafting and editing complex commercial agreements, ensuring the company operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and helping prepare briefs, complaints, motions, and other court documents. The Legal and Corporate Affairs Specialist is advising the Human Capital department on employment labor law and benefits issues, drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements, such as joint venture agreements, government contracts, and sales contracts, and providing litigation support. The responsibilities of the Legal and Corporate Affairs Specialist include but not limited to:
- Provide professional support, guide, and advice as required.
- Assist the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
- Advise on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business.
- Suggest and advise on various legal matters likes commercial contracts, dispute resolution, regulatory, employment, and governance.
- Ensure that legal documents are drafted, reviewed and interpreted as per applicable laws.
- Take appropriate steps on different types of legal issues.
- Handle external as well as internal legal resources skills and specifications.
- Keep the appropriate level of management informed of issues and coordinating/initiating required actions.
- Hands-on 3+ years of recent experience in a legal position within a technology company.
- Strong knowledge in the Saudi & international laws, and the ability to work with lawyers and law offices.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or other related fields.
- Experience in drafting, creating, and editing Arabic & English contracts.
- Experience working with stakeholders, client-related matters (business law).
- A solid analytical and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.