Lead Product Designer
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful and with ease.
Product Principle: We build products that take the complexity out of business communication.
Our Approach: We are a team of missionaries that are passionate about learning, accountable to product success, have a deep understanding of our business context, and tangible empathy for our customers.
Lead Product Designer
The Lead Product Designer is a brilliant problem solver, quick learner, self-starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The Lead Product Designer is possessing a rare blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills. From brainstorming through implementation, the Lead Product Designer is working with members of the product team, as well as engineering, marketing, and QA teams. The Lead Product Designer is a key player in determining the future design direction of unifonic products and capable of taking software design to the next level. The responsibilities of the Lead Product Designer include but are not limited to:
- Craft user experience that is engaging, delightful, and easy.
- Research, design, and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements.
- Create a visual and motion graphics system that aids the usability of the product and brings joy to our users.
- Create interactive prototypes to quickly validate concepts with the clients, the team and the stakeholders.
- Design mock-ups, prototyping, production of visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers during the implementation phase to ensure the product meets the design intent and quality bar.
- Develop and conduct user-centered research to inform or validate the design.
- While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions.
- Conduct technical data collections and analyses of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Stay current on market trends, competitor products, relevant published literature, and UI/UX/human factors research strategies.
- Hands-on 4+ years experience in designing products or applications.
- Strong comfort level with an iterative design process. A deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems.
- A portfolio of extraordinary work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solutions.
- Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Expert-level skills with design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Keynote, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Software Engineering, Marketing, or other related fields.
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Flash and HTML5.
- Proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative research methods and subsequent analysis.
- Ability to produce high-fidelity (pixel-accurate) comps of designs, rapidly.
- Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is required.
- An extraordinary eye for pixel-perfect detail with an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Comfortable with working in a loosely structured organization.