Cairo, Al Qāhirah, EgyptProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the SaaS space that is revolutionizing the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the Team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As a Database Administrator/Developer, you will be responsible for creating, managing, and maintaining databases related to various Unifonic platforms and services, optimizing queries, ensuring optimal performance, database design, high availability, and security. At Unifonic we have around ~ 30 TB of data stored across several databases and spread over different data centers. You will be working closely with engineering and infrastructure teams.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining database systems and schemas.
- Monitoring database performance and optimizing for maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring data integrity and security by implementing backup and recovery plans.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve database-related issues.
- Performing regular database maintenance tasks, such as data purging and archiving.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest database technologies and trends.
What you'll bring:
- Proven work experience as a Database Administrator/Developer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience in database management systems, such as Oracle, MySql, Maria DB, and Postgres.
- Good to have knowledge of Vertica (EON) or data platforms e.g. Airflow, Nifi, Spark, and Dremio.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL and OS-level database optimization.
- Working experience with containerized components and Kubernetes.
- Experience with analyzing query execution plans and optimization of complex queries.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Familiarity with database design, database security, and backup procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
As a Unifone you’ll receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
LinkedIn Learning License.