Head of Agile Delivery
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, DubaiEngineering
Unifonic is a Customer Engagement Platform that enables organizations to delight customers with remarkable omnichannel experiences. By unifying communication channels, messaging apps, and chatbots, Unifonic streamlines conversations at every touchpoint throughout the customer journey.
Unifonic is looking for a Head of Agile Delivery to own, scale, and lead the Agile team to ensure the Agile Transformational objectives are achieved. In this role, you will work across the business to increase the agile maturity, incremental thinking skills, and self-organization of our cross-functional teams. By working both as a dedicated team member and managing the Agile Chapter with Scrum Masters reporting to you; you will be required to be adept at delivering complex digital projects by breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a higher level, and getting into the details to make things happen when needed. The successful candidate would be a delivery-focused person with strong project administration and project delivery skills. You should be a self-starter willing to hit the ground running and focus on immediate outcomes. The responsibilities of the Head of Agile Delivery include, but are not limited to:
- Own the process and drive the Scaling Framework across the business.
- Implement the alignment of product roadmaps, program Increments, and Project/release plans.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning and iterating frequently.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production.)
- Participate in the Agile Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices.
- Manage multiple agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team.
- Defining project needs and feeding these into the program/portfolio process will enable resources to be appropriately allocated.
- Be a part of the Engineering Leadership team to optimize and implement processes across teams.
- Lead delivery teams working in outcome-based Agile Increments.
- Work in collaboration with Scrum Masters, Agile PMs, 3rd Party suppliers, and clients to manage dependencies and provide pragmatic solutions.
- Hands-on 10+ years of experience in Scrum, Project or Delivery Management within Agile.
- Experience facilitating department/company-wide initiatives using the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Deep understanding of the Product Development Life Cycle
- Experience using a range of Agile Project Management principles (i.e., Scrum, Kanban, Scrum at Scale, SAFe).
- Solid experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in matrix-managing of multidisciplinary teams
- Lead delivery teams working in outcome-based Agile Increments
Nice to Have:
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and an ability to collaborate with Engineering teams and the Agile Community.
- Experience working in international companies across different countries. Start-up experience is highly advantageous
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields.
- Excellent Influencing and communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in written & spoken English.