Engineering Manager, Software - SMS
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) space that is revolutionising the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 400+ energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As an Engineering Manager (Software) you will be responsible for defining, leading, and delivering Unifonic’s products on time and within budget. In this role, you will be overseeing a project/product's whole life cycle, communicating closely with key stakeholders, supporting Unifonic’s product portfolio, and continuously improving the product, project, and vendor management process and methodology.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
- Defining and owning technical product requirements, specifications, and road-maps based on user and business needs by working closely with product, marketing, operations, and sales teams.
- Working with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, and Executive Managers to prioritize, schedule, and deliver work, evaluating the progress of work in progress to identify when adjustments need to be made to resourcing.
- Owning, operating and maintaining stakeholders' services.
- Employing Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Maintaining, instituting and rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Building and managing the client’s technical solutions and make sure that the proposed designs meet client requirements.
- Driving engineering process improvements to improve the efficiency and impact of the resources.
- Partnering with product, marketing, sales, operations, and external stakeholders to streamline operations relevant to the company’s products and solutions, and maximize the efficiency of the team's efforts.
- Participating in industry working groups and conferences to understand industry needs.
- Leading the research and evaluation of emerging technologies, industries, and market trends to improve client experiences, and assist in project and product development, and operational support activities.
- Collaborating with internal teams to ensure that products are launched and run successfully.
- Tracking the performance of releases through metrics.
- Working closely with delivery, product, marketing, and operations teams to help onboard clients with new features and provide technical training. Be the point person across the company for the product’s technical roadmap, new features, platform integrations, and launch specifics.
- Instituting development best practices to ensure the stakeholders produces high-quality, well-architected, and supportable code, lead reviews of architecture design and code, and enable a Continuous Integration environment.
- Serving as the technical owner of the company products, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams.
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Fostering an engineering culture focused on customer satisfaction using a data-driven approach.
What you’ll bring:
- Hands-on 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience in shipping large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Solid experience as Java Developer, databases (MySQL, Casandra, etc), caching solutions (Redis, Memcache).
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale distributed applications.
- Strong integration and configuration skills are required, e.g. network devices and servers (e.g. Windows and Linux, AWS, Openstack), integration maps (e.g. EDI maps, XSLT maps, etc.), API gateways, web services, setting up transport protocols (e.g. SFTP, FTPS, TLS etc.), scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- Experience in Telecom domain SMPP, SIP, OSS & BSS will be an added advantage.
- Track record in partnering, recruiting, building, and leading on-shore and off-shore engineering teams and technology vendors.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Ability to create product demonstrations based on client needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined, and requirements and priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
As a Unifone you’ll receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
Your Birthday off!
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
Linkedin learning license.
Sign up for the latest Unifonic news, stories, webinars and more.