Engineering Manager, Software Quality
Cairo, Al Qāhirah, EgyptProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) space that is revolutionising the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 400+ energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As an Engineering Manager, Software Quality you will be responsible for creating test strategies for complex projects with remote teams and devising automation frameworks. You should be able to lead an international cross-skilled team of QAs across multiple countries and continents.
Help us shape the future of communications by:
- Implementing and executing best practices for QA and testing within an Agile environment.
- Driving CI/CD concepts in QA.
- Making proactive suggestions for trend opportunities within the company’s engineering and Platform portfolio.
- Communicating clearly through written and verbal channels with all technical, design, and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Providing centralized end-to-end system, performance, and security testing services for projects or releases.
- Fostering best practices in testing and bringing the latest thinking in QA/testing methodology and tools.
- Effectively acting as a gatekeeper to the production environment while collaborating with all teams to deliver projects on time.
- Working with the Infrastructure team to ensure the availability and functionality of the test environment.
- Overseeing interactions and ensuring a sufficient level of testing personnel at each level for testing/QA activities across teams.
- Monitoring the allocated budget for testing tools and test infrastructure.
- Providing governance and leadership of end-to-end test practices to drive a risk-based approach across the portfolio covering functional, non-functional, and IT operational testing.
- Establishing a position as a thought leader through the testing area of specialization to coach and mentor a team of high-performing IT professionals, providing continuous feedback and facilitating professional development.
- Nurturing and attracting QA Engineers and being a technical leader with continuous coaching for agile teams that promotes a culture of failing fast, learning, and moving forward.
- Providing a strategy for test metrics across all teams across Product engineering to assess progress and support continuous improvement.
- Defining, maintaining, and supporting the Test Automation framework across all test levels and ensuring all automated tests are developed in line with the framework i.e. to achieve consistency, maintainability, and continuity - this includes defining the Automation approach which spans Black box and White box testing including API Testing, Integration Testing, UI Functional Testing, Performance, and Load Testing plus Security Testing.
- Being a key member of the Release management process across multiple teams, plus also influencing and collaborating on improvements in the release process.
- Influencing and participating in evolving the Incident management process.
- Liaising with vendors for Functional, Security, Performance, and Monitoring testing tools.
- Liaising with Training companies with regard to Training and course events.
- Devising and implementing effective test data management processes and test approaches at the release train and/or application level.
What you will bring:
- Completed studies in the field of computer science, production engineering, or comparable qualification.
- Extensive experience in quality engineering management and testing (> 15 years).
- Several years of leadership experience as well as experience in building teams.
- Understand cloud delivery using tools such as Git, Drone CI, Argo CD, and Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience using tools like Selenium, JMeter, Cypress, Jira, Confluence, and experience across multiple cloud platforms.
- Experience in creating and maintaining multiple dashboards across multiple platforms to provide complete visibility/transparency to sprint teams in order to show coverage and metrics on Test progress, Defect stats, Automation, and Test Coverage.
- Deep knowledge of and technical expertise in implementing Test automation frameworks including API Test automation, Performance testing, and implementation into CI/CD.
- Hands-on experience working on incident management and/or release management.
- Ability to lead and work with teams across multiple regions.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language, preferably JAVA.
- Fluent English skills.
- Ability to work in a team, confident appearance, assertiveness, and initiative, pro-active rather than reactive.
- Demonstrable experience managing a quality engineering function in a (preferably a scale-up) organization with a large cloud footprint.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering solutions within tight time frames, collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups, and contending priorities.
- Strategic, but also hands-on with the proven ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative hyper-growth environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
As a Unifone you will receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after your first anniversary.
Flexible working arrangements.
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
Linkedin learning license.
Sign up for the latest Unifonic news, stories, webinars and more.