Engineering Lead, Software - Java
Communication is our business!
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful, and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Engineering Lead, Software
The Engineering Lead, Software is playing an active part in the hands-on process of building software, and managing his own team. A technical background is required in order to be a good counsel and advocate for engineering. The Engineering Lead, Software is contributing production-facing code on a regular basis. Management skills are also needed, with the responsibility of your own team. The Engineering Lead, Software is reporting to the Engineering Manager who will support you in both technical and management areas. The responsibilities of the Engineering Lead, Software include but are not limited to:
- Support with recruitment & hiring of engineering talent and facilitate the onboarding of new team members.
- Work with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prioritize, plan, and schedule work.
- Communicate status, risks, and requirements to other groups.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members.
- Hands-on 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience AND 4+ hands-on technical management experience in shipping large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience as a JAVA Developer AND 5+ years in database management (MySQL, Casandra... etc)
- Experience with high-volume solutions.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Practical experience in queuing systems/Message Brokers like (Beanstalk, SQS, etc...).
- Practical experience with cache technologies (Memcached, Redis).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to apply business logic to development requirements in a creative manner.
- Familiar with SaaS and PaaS integration architecture and applications.
- General knowledge in telecommunications (SMSC, VOIP, SMPP, etc...).