Director of Strategy & Business Development
Let's build something great together!
We’re transforming the way companies work - beginning with our own. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Director of Strategy and Business Development to help us on our mission to make effective customer communications more accessible to every business in Emerging Markets.
unifonic is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to engage with people through a portfolio of applications and a single API for SMS, voice, and messaging apps. Today, we help over 5,000 businesses around the world connect and engage with 100+ million customers, delivering more than 5 billion transactions in 2019. unifonic is one of the most exciting scaleups in the MENA region and received funding from investors like Endeavor Catalyst, STV, RTF, ELM, and Raed Ventures.
Director of Strategy and Business Development
The Director of Strategy & Business Development is driving unifonic’s growth strategy in close collaboration with the international president and overall leadership team. This is a versatile and hands-on role that requires an analytical approach and effective communications at all levels of the organization.
The responsibilities of the Director of Strategy and Business Development include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of growth strategies based on market opportunities, market trends, and a thorough understanding of our company capabilities.
- Assess the attractiveness of new markets and develop market entry strategies.
- Identify, research and analyze possible acquisition targets and conduct due diligence.
- Translate strategy into actionable implementation plans and lead the execution of the plans.
- Develop short and long-range company plans, including detailed financial statements.
- Manage project teams and coordinate cross-functional initiatives to achieve business goals.
- Prepare management, board and investor presentations and get buy-in on strategies and business plans from key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in seminars and professional meetings to represent the company.
- Hands-on 5+ years of work experience in a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank or corporate strategy related function.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical, financial modeling, project management, and presentation skills.
- Ability to autonomously lead projects, which includes structuring complex problems and developing testable hypotheses.
- Bachelor's degree or above, MBA is a plus.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurial in a dynamic environment.
- Team player with a strong ability to lead teams and to motivate and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills, Arabic is a plus.