Director of Product Management
The Director of Product Management is responsible for the business’s product planning and execution of all through the lifecycle of the product. The Director of Product Management is defining the vision of the products, building of the the business plan and budget to achieve the products revenue target, building and executing of product roadmap and GTM Strategy, features gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, and collaborating with other directors from the engineering, marketing, and sales departments in order to ensure that the financial and client satisfaction goals are met. The responsibilities of the Director of Product Management include but not limited to:
- Ensure that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product; that the product goals and strategy do not deviate from that of the business.
- Answer the VP of Products and the stakeholders for all activities of the product management department.
- Ensure that the functions of Product Management, Pricing, Market Intelligence, and Growth Marketing are efficiently and effectively executed.
- Liaise with the Directors of Engineering, Marketing, Sales, in addition to Design, Business Development, and R&D Teams within the Product Team. The reason for this collaboration is to place the executive management in a position to translate the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the product departments, which ultimately promotes the achievement of the product goals.
- Manage the product managers whom each own a specific product line and accordingly are assigned to achieve the target of that product line through Sales, Marketing, Markets, Features and Client Journey Planning. These activities start from the semi-annual budget and roadmap planning, followed by value propositions and go-to-market planning then tracking, analysis and refinement of the action plan to make sure that the revenue goals are met.
- Build an understanding and cultivate in the departments’ members the product’s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- Define and oversee the product’s roadmap and manage it as required to meet deliverables for the business. At this capacity, make decisions for features priorities as determined by the company, clients, and market needs.
- Engage extensively with clients to gain first-hand insight on the clients’ and market feedback on the business’s product.
- Work intimately with the marketing department to develop marketing strategies, lead generation strategies, and sales strategies.
- Partner up with the sales department to build on product unit sales implementation as well as support strategies.
- Conduct relevant product research; establish competitive intelligence and various market analyses that supplement and complement studies already conducted by product managers.
- Conduct client and market research that further aid the business in understanding current and future product needs.
- Represent the business and promote the product by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online client platforms, and so forth.
- Lead the pricing functions focused around pricing strategy and execution to make sure that the target Gross Margin are met.
- Lead the Growth Marketing Function to run experiments of best optimization of Lead Generation activities.
Hands-on 10+ years of recent experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner in a commercial software product company.
- Track record of achieving revenue targets with turnover +USD20 Million.
- Experience managing products through the entire lifecycle with a track record of successful delivery of multiple software/SaaS products.
- Proficiency in multiple technical areas is required such as front-end technologies, cloud communication technologies, APIs, web services, middleware,... etc.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Software, or other IT related field, MBA is preferred.
- Experience in agile development processes and acting as the Product Owner for Sprint Teams.
- Strong technical skills are a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined, and requirements priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture, like to get hands dirty through execution.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.