Director of Product Development
The Director of Product Development is responsible for supervising and managing all activities of Product Development Team, including business analysis, working with product managers on the details of required features, developing the stories and wireframes, building success criteria, accepting delivered stories, releasing management, documenting the support material and updating API docs and documentation. The Director of Product Development is overall or owner of the product relationship with the Engineering team, with a primary focus in maximizing delivery on customer-centric features by working with the engineering managers and the scrum team to deliver features through sprints. The responsibilities of the Director of Product Development include but not limited to:
- Lead cross-functional teams concerning requirements interpretation, implementation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling.
- Work with Product Team to Define and prioritize a backlog of work, including the creation of stories for new integrations and requirements.
- Clearly communicate updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management.
- Maintain high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously.
- Work with remote engineering teams or outsource companies to deliver technical requirements.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the company’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives.
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Create and maintain system’s Use Cases and interactive mock-ups.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Hands-on 8+ years of recent experience in a Product Management role in the Information Technology industry.
- Strong experience in BPM and Portals.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Project Management or other related fields.
- Experience in Communication Platforms is a plus.
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Solid experience in agile development processes and acting as the Product Owner for Sprint teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined, and requirements priorities change frequently.
- Keen attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.