Director of Infrastructure
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab EmiratesProduct Engineering
Proudly voted a Great Place to Work®, we are a dynamic startup in the SaaS space that is revolutionizing the way businesses communicate. Our team is made up of 500 energetic and passionate Unifones who are dedicated to delivering the best possible experience to 5000+ customer-centric companies.
We pride ourselves on our fun and collaborative work environment, where creativity and new ideas are constantly encouraged. As shareholders in the business, we’re so much more than a group of passionate communicators. We are Unifones. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Meet the Team!
Our Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the systems and technologies that drive Unifonic’s solutions. We work closely with other departments to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers. If you are passionate about technology and are excited about working on cutting-edge communication and engagement solutions, we want you on our team.
As a Director of Infrastructure, you will be responsible for designing, operating, and automating the company’s cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability of the business applications, communicating closely with key stakeholders, supporting the company’s engineering teams and continuously improving the platform, infrastructure, and CI/CD tools, process and methodology. The Director of Infrastructure owns the stability, scalability, and performance of the company’s production and CI/CD infrastructure.
Help us shape the future of communication by:
- Leading a team of engineers responsible for building robust, highly available applications hosted in multiple clouds.
- Planning, development, and implementation of all technologies related to Cloud hosting, and best practices thereof.
- Overseeing the development of operational guidelines, infrastructure, and tooling needed to support the application portfolio under management. Cross-training amongst the teams.
- Providing strategic, and architectural guidance, influencing the development teams, and driving the realization of a technology vision across company platforms and services.
- Overseeing operational and service management processes of the cloud platform to ensure quality, security, efficiency, and agility goals are achieved.
- Acting as the escalation point for all production incidents on applications under management and facilitating timely incident resolution.
- Owning, operating, and maintaining stakeholders' services. Employing Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Instituting and maintaining a rotating on-call incident escalation and response process for the team.
- Instituting best practices to ensure the stakeholders produce high-quality, well-architected, and supportable code, leading reviews of architecture design and coding, and enabling a Continuous Integration environment.
- Serving as the technical owner of the company platform, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Creating a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Empowering engineers to reach new levels of productivity, reliability, and scalability.
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience in large infrastructure projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience in technical leadership experience architecting and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS along with multi-cloud.
- Hands-on working experience with automation, orchestration, configuration management tools, containers, NoSQL databases, monitoring tools, CI/CD tools, and application security.
- Experience and understanding of telecom protocols such as SMPP and SIP, Kubernetes, drone CI, git, AWS, F5, ansible, terraform, and python.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined and requirements and priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
As a Unifone you’ll receive a range of benefits:
Competitive salary and bonus.
Unifonic share scheme (we are all owners!).
30 holiday days after the first anniversary.
Spend up to 10 weeks per year working from anywhere in the world!
Paid leave for new parents.
LinkedIn Learning License.