Communication is our business!
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Tech Stack: Linux, Drone CI, AWS, Docker, Java, K8S, Kubernetes, Terraform, Postman, Bitbucket and GitOps, Jenkins Ansible, PHP, Python, Testlink, Jira.
Director of Infrastructure
The Director of Infrastructure is responsible for designing, operating and automating the company’s cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability of the business applications, communicating closely with key stakeholders, supporting the company’s engineering teams and continuously improving the platform, infrastructure, and CI/CD tools, process and methodology. The Director of Infrastructure owns the stability, scalability, and performance of the company’s production and CI/CD infrastructure.
The responsibilities of the Director of Infrastructure include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for building robust, highly available applications hosted in multiple clouds. Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all technologies related to Cloud hosting, and best practices thereof. Oversee the development of operational guidelines, infrastructure, and tooling needed to support application portfolio under management. Cross-training amongst the teams.
- Provide strategic, architectural guidance, influence the development teams and drive the realization of a technology vision across company platforms and services.
- Oversee operational and service management processes of the cloud platform to ensure quality, security, efficiency, and agility goals are achieved.
- Act as the escalation point for all production incidents on applications under management and facilitate timely incident resolution.
- Own, operate and maintain stakeholders' services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Institute best practices to ensure the stakeholders produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code, lead reviews of architecture design and code and enable a Continuous Integration environment.
- Serve as the technical owner of the company platform, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- Empower engineers to reach new levels of productivity, reliability, and scalability.