Director of Engineering
Communication is our business!
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful, and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering is playing a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results. A technical background is required in order to be a good counsel and advocate for engineering, but will not be contributing production-facing code on a regular basis. The responsibilities of the Director of Engineering include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and hire exceptional engineering talent and facilitate onboarding of new team members.
- Work with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers on the team to prioritize, plan and schedule work.
- Communicate status, risks, and requirements to other groups.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group.
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members.
- Hands-on 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience in shipping large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience as a PHP or JAVA Developer and 5+ years in database management (MySQL, Casandra... etc).
- Expert in IP-based real-time multimedia communication technologies and protocols including VoIP, SIP, RTP, Websockets.
- Experience with designing, developing, and maintaining services and components within the domain of APIs, SaaS and or Telecom.
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure and services as well as the communication services such as as voice, video, and messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software, or a related discipline or the equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.