Director of Carrier Relations (Voice & SMS)
Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more personalized, fun, meaningful and with ease.
Director of Carrier Relations
The Director of Carrier Relations is responsible for leading strategic initiatives and managing all communication, agreements, and relations with the vendors/carriers globally including; vendor relations, contract negotiations, cost optimization and vendor performance management. The Director of Carrier Relations is also responsible for developing and maintaining executive and strategic alliances based on the company's comprehensive suite of cloud communication products. The responsibilities of the Director of Carrier Relations include but are not limited to:
- Define the carrier strategy that enables the company to achieve its full performance.
- Build new connectivity with carriers, operators and partners for all of unifonic’s products: SMS, voice, and other services.
- Manage the relationship with our carriers and partners to ensure we maintain the highest levels of quality in the most cost-effective manner.
- Implement new/updated contacts and partnerships working with the internal teams (Product, Finance, Engineering, Sales, and Operations).
- Manage all the operational side of the carrier relations: rate management, monitoring of the traffic, cost and quality optimization.
- Negotiate and agree on the interconnection rates with the national and international operators.
- Build the company's image in the international market in the telecommunications and API industry.
- Hands-on 7+ years of recent experience in a Carrier Relations role within the Telecom Industry in the Middle East.
- Experience with SMS and Voice products.
- Successful track record of growing carrier relationships.
- Located within 2 hours of difference in timezone from Riyadh (GMT+3).
- Experience with remote teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related fields.
- Multicultural interaction and records management.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English and excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.