Communication is our business!
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Tech Stack: Linux, Drone CI, AWS, Docker, Java, K8S, Kubernetes, Terraform, Postman, Bitbucket and GitOps, Jenkins Ansible, PHP, Python, Testlink, Jira.
The DevOps lead is playing an integral part in collaboration with software development, system operations, and other engineering teams to manage code releases and make it possible for thousands of companies to communicate on the cloud! With passion, creativity, and curiosity our DevOps Lead is working to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing, and operations teams, and keeping existing networks in mind as he/she designs, plans, and tests. The DevOps Lead is part of an engineering culture that is agile focussed, adaptable and principled in craftsmanship and quality.
The responsibilities of DevOps Lead include but are not limited to:
- Setup and enhance CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment).
- Configure the company's products to meet the functional requirements including the configuration of functional areas and technical areas (e.g. integration interfaces, integration maps, web services, transport protocols, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the integration, operations of the infrastructure and systems.
- Ensure high availability of the company’s products, platforms [24x7x365] including but not limited to messaging, voice and email gateways, in addition to assessing emergencies, providing analysis, and recommending solutions.
- Write and deploy scripts in different environments to automate day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining servers’ configuration, monitoring jobs and infrastructure documentation across the cloud environment ( Amazon AWS, Azure .. etc.).
- Work extensively with the offshore teams and network of partners on a daily basis.
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent technical experience as a Software Engineer/ DevOps working with cloud infrastructure, software builds and deployments
- Experience managing or having implemented Kubernetes clusters using Helm, Kustomize, or other configuration templating tools to aid deployment.
- Strong technical skills are required. Proficiency in multiple functional areas is required such as networking, telecom protocols [such as SMPP and SIP], databases, software development, scaling systems, microservices etc
Nice To Have
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or other IT related field.
- Experience with implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery solutions using Drone CI or Bitbucket pipelines.
- Experience with Infrastructure orchestration, service registry & discovery, and configuration management tools, (eg. Cloudformation, Terraform, Consul, Ansible/Puppet)
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.