Database Management Specialist
The Database Management Specialist is responsible for providing senior architecture and operational leadership to the company's cloud infrastructure including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud application architecture subprograms. The Database Management Specialist is maintaining administrative responsibilities, database development and optimization to serve application enhancements and client needs as well as troubleshooting. The responsibilities of the Database Management Specialist include but not limited to:
- Assume technical responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to, installation, configuration, scripting, problem identification, systems architecture definition.
- Maintain working proficiency in company products and technologies through self-directed and formal training.
- Maintain server and database up-time through use of various monitoring, reporting, and alerting solutions.
- Configure the company's products to meet the functional requirements including configuration of functional areas and technical areas (e.g. integration interfaces, integration maps, web services, transport protocols, etc.).
- Database Administration support for all routine database administrative tasks.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the integration, operations of the infrastructure and systems.
- Understand the implementation effort; communicate progress to customer and project manager.
- Manage customer escalations as necessary and driving issues to resolution.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales, support, validation, engineering, QA, and product management, to ensure successful completion of customer engagements.
- Plan and implement performance tuning and security upgrades, tools and improvements along with providing guidance internally and externally.
- Ensure high availability of the company’s products, platforms [24x7x365] including but not limited messaging, voice and e-mail gateways.
- Document the design, operation, and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Write and deploy scripts in different environments to automate day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining servers’ configuration, monitoring jobs and infrastructure documentation across the cloud environment ( Amazon AWS, Azure .. etc.).
- Assessing emergency situations, providing analysis, and recommending solutions.
- Work extensively with the offshore teams and network of partners on a daily basis.
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent technical experience in Professional Services/System Administration for Cloud Infrastructure.
- Strong technical skills are required. Proficiency in multiple technical areas is required such as VPN, SMPP, VOIP, SQL, Java, PHP, Python, Integration technologies, web services, middleware, etc.
- Strong integration and configuration skills are required, e.g. network devices and servers (e.g. Cisco Router, Windows and Linux, AWS), integration maps (e.g. EDI maps, XSLT maps, etc.), web services, setting up transport protocols (e.g. AS2, SFTP, FTPS, etc.), scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Python, etc.).
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Software, or other IT related field.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements.
- Ability to create product demonstrations based on client needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined, and requirements and priorities change frequently.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on daily basis.
- Travel is required, including the possibility of overseas travel - the candidate will need to visit the company’s customers and/or partners.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.