Data Architect Manager
Communication is our business!
Unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful, and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
Data Architect Manager
The Data Architect Manager is working closely with our software and application development teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department. The Data Architect Manager is building end-to-end data-related capabilities from data ingestion to reporting and advanced data analytics. The Data Architect Manager is acting as the owner of all the data elements including data structure, policies, access, and management. The responsibilities of the Data Architect Manager include but are not limited to:
- Create the data architecture artifacts required for introducing the new enterprise data lake for Unifonic along with establishing the data foundation team practices.
- Maintain database by determining structural requirements; developing and installing solutions.
- Build databases based on structural requirements and in-depth analysis.
- Test and maintain those databases to ensure their longevity and overall efficiency.
- Demonstrate an end-to-end solution for the data architecture.
- Hands-on 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field.
- Strong mathematics and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully.
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management.
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information.
- Advanced technical skills related to cloud and on-premise solutions related to data.
- Data analytics – Experience in all data-related matters, understand how data is being collected, processed, and presented. and also familiar with both the technical and user-facing side of data.
- Scripting languages – should be familiar with scripting languages.
- Strong hands-on technical skills related to creating and managing the delivery pipeline, systems configurations, performance tweaks, and more.
- Project management experience – responsible for each phase of the new database implementation.
- Attention to details – pay meticulous attention to details and have a deep understanding of how even the smallest details fit into the big picture.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Able to deliver the needed capabilities within the given required policies such as GDPR.
- Familiar with the company technology stack Java, PHP, Angular, and understand AWS technology and offering.
- Understand the continuous delivery and continuous integration workflows in depth.
- Familiar with common database systems and different available platforms such as redshift, tableau, S3, etc.
- Familiar with SaaS and PaaS integration architecture and applications.
- General knowledge in telecommunications (SMSC, VOIP, SMPP, etc...).