Credit and Collections Specialist
The Credit and Collections Specialist is responsible for the clients' accounts charging, contacting clients and collecting outstanding payments. The Credit and Collections Specialist is responsible for assessing the customers’ creditworthiness & collecting outstanding amounts in a timely manner in cooperation with business partners and in line with our values of integrity, accountability and professionalism. The responsibilities of the Credit and Collections Specialist include but not limited to:
- Review credit applications, identify credit risks and set credit limits.
- Respond to credit inquiries and ensure that the credit policy is applied.
- Arrange regular customers' visits and follow up and collect payments.
- Proactive collection through soft call and dispatch of the statement.
- Review open receivables, calculate & request Account Receivables write-offs.
- Negotiate overdue payment plans.
- Analyze and assess the creditworthiness of customers using external credit risk management reports, financial assessment & internal information.
- Identify disputed receivables and follow up with the business to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Participate in improving the efficiency of processes and procedures.
- Hands-on 3+ years recent experience in credit and collection or finance related position.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields.
- Good knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques.
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection.
- A strong time management, priority setting and organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, professionalism and trustworthiness, and ability to work independently.
- Strong spreadsheet, database, (e.g. Excel, Access).
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.