Country Manager - UAE
Let's build something great together!
We’re transforming the way companies work - beginning with our own. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader to build and grow our commercial operation in the UAE and to help us on our mission to make effective customer communications more accessible to every business in Emerging Markets.
unifonic is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to engage with people through a portfolio of applications and a single API for SMS, voice, and messaging apps. Today, we help over 5,000 businesses around the world connect and engage with 100+ million customers, delivering more than 5 billion transactions in 2019. unifonic is one of the most exciting scaleups in the MENA region and received funding from investors like Endeavor Catalyst, STV, RTF, ELM, and Raed Ventures.
Country Manager - UAE
The Country Manager is responsible for the expansion of our client and partner base in the UAE. The Country Manager is playing a key role in generating new revenue for unifonic outside of Saudi Arabia and is working closely with unifonic’s functional leadership team to drive our international expansion forward. This is a hands-on leadership role that requires an action mindset and strong partnership, sales, and team leadership capabilities. The responsibilities of the Country Manager include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute the commercial strategy for the UAE as well as for international clients and partners based in the UAE.
- Hire and manage a small, top-notch team of sales and marketing professionals in close collaboration with unifonic’s functional leadership team.
- Strengthen unifonic’s positioning and sales in the market by mapping, developing, and managing strategic partnership opportunities.
- Build senior relationships with key industry and government stakeholders to grow our client and revenue base.
- Create and implement a local marketing strategy to drive high quality leads to the sales team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the key pain points of our clients to inform product development.
- Achieve sales and revenue targets and manage revenue as well as costs for the UAE operation.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and thought leadership through conferences, panels, and PR activities.
- Hands-on 10+ years of sales and partnership experience with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Strong international work experience in Saas, IaaS, PaaS, or B2C communications technology; preferably with deep knowledge of the UAE market.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners.
- Strong business acumen and top-notch project management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree or above, MBA is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to continually improve results.
- Team player with a strong ability to motivate and influence a diverse set of stakeholders and world-class interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurial in a dynamic environment.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills, Arabic is a plus.