Communication is our business!
unifonic provides solutions for better customer engagement through a cloud-based platform. We empower businesses to engage with their people through a variety of channels, making their communication conversational, more meaningful, and with ease!
Engineering principle: We ship robust, high-quality code, written for humans to read and maintain!
The Chief Architect is driving the strategic technical direction of the company and influencing the direction of services and products for the company. The chief architect is designing technology roadmaps, developing and managing architecture, technical solutions, and mentoring engineering teams to adopt and use them to create a new generation of platform's applications and services. The responsibilities of the Chief Architect include but are not limited to:
- Define and drive the product/technology’s strategic direction from a technical perspective, serving as both an information resource regarding existing performance/capabilities, and as the product/technology’s “visionary,” providing stakeholders with a grasp of its future capabilities and technical potential.
- Comprehensive responsibility for the product/technology’s overall architecture to include ongoing reengineering and modification of the existing architecture and for creating and developing architectural advances to accommodate future features and capabilities while maintaining architectural adaptability.
- Evaluate the feasibility of alternative directions in future architecture/platform development through the creation of models and prototypes.
- Conduct effective code and architecture reviews.
- Ensure that the architecture achieves the desire quality attributes, attributes such as security, scalability, and resilience, from the end system, product, service, or module.
- Guide the development of architectural, software development, and portfolio management standards, processes, and tools that drive predictability, consistency, quality, and satisfaction in accordance with company and industry standards and best practices.
- Create an environment of continuous learning providing the change management leadership necessary to keep the organization abreast of the latest technologies needed to compete in the cloud communication industry effectively.
- Integrate customer service and support with software engineering processes to support the resolution of business and customer issues and improve application usability.
- Hands-on 15+ years of software engineering experience with also hands-on experience in software development and engineering management, focusing on cloud, infrastructure, communication, and/or business systems.
- Proven experience managing the software architecture of highly available enterprise-level, multi-tier applications, and services utilizing tools and technologies including DB2 Database, Microservices, Kubernetes, Kafka, and distributed NoSQL databases.
- Proven experience with a mix of languages (Java, PHP, Python, etc.) and frameworks to implement data ingest, processing, and serving technologies.
- The ability to communicate to senior decision-makers in a clear, compelling way, and to drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large, matrixed organization.
- Exceptional influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments, with both technical and business groups internally and externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.