Application Support Specialist - Subject Matter Expert
Egypt, Al Qāhirah, CairoCustomer Experience & Operations
Unifonic is a customer engagement platform that enables organizations to delight customers with remarkable omnichannel experiences. By unifying communication channels, messaging apps, and chatbots, Unifonic streamlines conversations at every touchpoint throughout the customer journey.
Application Support Specialist - SME
The Client Service team at Unifonic is looking for an attentive Application Support Specialist - SME to be responsible for providing accurate, timely technical support to the company’s clients, partners, vendors, and other contacts primarily via Tickets, Email, and phone. In this role, The Customer Support Agent deals with support issues that are complex in nature, carries differing priorities that must be addressed within predetermined service levels, cooperates with multiple stakeholders to perform his day-to-day duties, and represent the company in a visibly supportive manner. The successful candidate will act as the go-to person for SMS-Conversation/APIs-related questions within the company, including onboarding governance, knowledge management, training, and process ownership. The responsibilities of the Application Support Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Respond to inquiries from clients and communicate with vendors to help resolve any problems as 3rd line support via e-mail, phone, and remote connection.
- Execute day-to-day operations that are related to the company’s products and services including but not limited to reports, monitoring project performance, and issue tracking.
- Provide in-depth training in areas of expertise, general product knowledge, and integration.
- Ensure the availability of technical infrastructure, systems, products, and services.
- Work closely with cross-function teams to build a consistent client experience and identify opportunities for new product/feature development.
- Ensure that communication flow internally and externally between different stakeholders at its best.
- Serve as a coach and trusted advisor to valued company clients.
- Establish, document, and communicate best practice processes and procedures for ongoing management and solves operational problems, and database that has a tracking of all operations and documents. Includes but is not limited to knowledge-base, operations manual, marketing reports, processes, and procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of project plans for current and new projects to achieve targets.
- Follow up and report customer escalations in a timely manner.
- Support junior agents in progressing their tickets.
- Hands-on 5+ years of recent experience in client services-related positions, preferably in the tech industry.
- Expertise in SMS and Conversation/APIs protocols.
- Ability to support REST API.
- Ability to read code in any of [C#, Java, Python, Node.js, Ruby, or PHP].
- Troubleshooting network connectivity, understanding of TCP/UDP, and Basics of SSL/TLS.
- Good knowledge of technical infrastructures, networks, servers, software and database administration, and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Software, or other IT-related fields.
- Proven ability to develop highly innovative solutions to very complex problems.
- Ability to work under high client/department demands and high availability.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, excellent writing/editing, and verbal communication skills.
- High flexibility with working hours.