The Accounting Specialist is responsible for managing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying the financial transactions. The Accounting Specialist is reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, preparing Month-End Close Report and analyzing financial reports and forecasts. The responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist include but not limited to:
- Track ongoing accounting operations and resolve problems that arise, conduct financial reviews, and examine accounting documents for proper accounting classification and authorization.
- Prepare journal entries, perform reconciliations, analyze a variety of accounts, enter and process data into various accounts and the general ledger, adjust differences between the general ledger and subsidiary accounts, and close entries.
- Prepare various types of financial reports, including monthly trial balances, develop automated accounting instructions and procedures for routine transactions, and analyze financial and statistical data from domestic and/or foreign business firms.
- Participate in the monthly accounting close process.
- Investigate and resolve general ledger related issues.
- Evaluate, monitor and enhance control environment to ensure compliance, including process improvement and control remediation.
- Prepare and verify deposits and post cash receipts to accounts receivable.
- Research and input cash receipts and verify by comparison to the bank deposit.
- Hands-on 3+ years recent experience in accounting or finance related position.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields.
- A strong time management and organizational skills.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent analytical aptitude, high attention to detail, and result oriented.
- Hands-on experience with ERP software.
- Strong spreadsheet, database, (e.g. Excel, Access) including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.