Product Development Manager
The Product Development Manager is responsible for driving the development and success of the company’s product portfolio. Understanding the market and working with key stakeholders, customers, and sales, The Product Development Manager will define new capabilities that will drive company’s growth and work with the team to deliver those capabilities to market. Activities include research and analysis of customer/market requirements; competitive analysis; working collaboratively with engineering and UX using an Agile development model; working closely with marketing to deliver product to market; sales and support training; and writing of white papers, blogs, and presentations. The responsibilities of The Product Development Manager include but not limited to:
- Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap for company’s products, working with stakeholders and senior management to plan and prioritize product deliverables and schedules
- Prepare product requirements that address the objectives of the company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, implementation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling
- Defining and prioritizing a backlog of work including the creation of stories for new features and enhancements to existing functionality, and improving product quality by tracking the rate of defects.
- Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and capabilities
- Clearly communicate product development updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management
- Maintain a high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair company’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives
- Work with global 5000 customers, some of the best brand names in the world, to determine needs, unmet needs, business goals, product usage, and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback.
- Be the voice of the customer, providing customer and business value perspective during day-to-day conversations with development.
- Coordinate across multiple stakeholders (engineering, marketing, customers and partners) to understand needs, manage expectations and feature tradeoff decisions.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to produce product overviews, demos and other go-to-market materials.
Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of competitive differentiation for internal consumption and competitive programs.
- Work with User Learning (Help files and documentation), Training, and Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake and adoption.
- Lead and develop cross-functional teams, monitor performance and results, ensure all required activities are implemented with best practices
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Consultant or technical Product Analyst in a commercial software product company.
- Experience managing products through the entire lifecycle with a track record of successful delivery of multiple software/SaaS products
- Strong technical skills are required. Proficiency in multiple technical areas is required such as front-end technologies, cloud communication technologies, APIs, web services, middle ware, , etc.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Software, or other IT related field
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the customer requirements and translate them into functional requirements
- Experienced in agile development processes and acting as the Product Owner for Sprint teams
- Ability to create product demonstrations based on client needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined and requirements priorities change frequently
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on daily-basis
- Travel is required, including possibility of overseas travel - the candidate will need to visit company’s clients and/or partners
- Proficient with project management and tracking tools (TFS, Jira, popcorn metrics, mixpanel, GA, GTM ..), analytics software and tools ,Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills